1. Good product quality: high dimensional accuracy of castings, generally equivalent to grade 6-7 or even grade 4; good surface finish, generally equivalent to grade 5-8; high strength and hardness, generally 25-30% higher than sand casting, but elongation reduced by about 70%; stable size and good interchangeability; it can be used for casting aluminum thin-walled complex castings. For example, the minimum wall thickness of zinc alloy die casting aluminum parts can reach 0.3 mm; the aluminum alloy casting can reach 0.5 mm; the minimum casting hole diameter is 0.7 mm; the minimum pitch is 0.75 mm.
2. High production efficiency: high machine productivity, for example, the domestic J Ⅲ 3 horizontal cold air die-casting aluminum machine can die 600-700 times of aluminum in eight hours, and the small hot chamber aluminum die-casting machine can die-casting aluminum 3000-7000 times every eight hours; the service life of the die-casting aluminum mold is long, a pair of die-casting aluminum mold, die-casting aluminum clock alloy, the service life can reach hundreds of thousands of times, even millions of times; it is easy to realize mechanization and automation.
3. Good economic effect: due to the precise size of die-casting aluminum parts, the surface is bright and clean. Generally, it is no longer used for mechanical processing, or the amount of processing is very small, so it not only improves the utilization rate of metal but also reduces a large number of processing equipment and working hours; the casting price is cheap; combined die-casting aluminum can be used with other metal or non-metallic materials. It can save assembly time and metal.
1. Due to the high speed of liquid metal filling the mold cavity and the unstable flow state, the general die-casting aluminum method is easy to produce blowholes and can not be heat treated;
2. It is difficult to die-casting aluminum for castings with complex internal concavity
3. High melting point alloy (such as copper, ferrous metal), die-casting aluminum mold life is low;
4. It is not suitable for small batch production. The main reasons are the high manufacturing cost of die-casting aluminum mold, the high production efficiency of die-casting aluminum machine, and uneconomical small batch production.